Stem Cells for Hope
December 15, 2017, 01:20:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Website   Home   Help Search Login Register Contact Us  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adipose Stem Cell Treatment #2 for Peripheral Neuropathy/Study  (Read 1613 times)
kaseykat

Topic starter

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:27:49 PM »

Everyone,
I haven't posted since my first treatment with adipose stem cells for peripheral neuropathy last September. After 3 months of very low pain scores, my pelvic pain broke through at a moderate pain score of 5. Dr. Malan recommended that I have a second treatment within 6-12 months. He told me that I had more tissue/nerve damage than originally thought. On September 5, I flew to Scottsdale ,AZ for my second round of adipose stem cells. Dr. Malan & his new partner Dr. Lewis harvested 263 million live stem cells from my abdomen. This study will be completed in February. But Dr. Malan said that the FDA has approved them for adipose stem cell phase 2 study for injections of the joints. Dr.
Malan will be on stem cell research sabbatical at his clinic in the Bahamas until the beginning next year. His partner, Dr. Lewis, will be seeing patients at their Scottsdale clinic(innovative Cosmetic Surgical Center). Dr. Malan told me that they are doing advanced techniques of directly injecting stem cells into the heart at the Bahamas clinic. Like before, I was thoroughly happy with service of Dr. Malan & his staff. I was kept very comfortable during the entire procedure. Dr. Malan was very pleased with my stem cell count. I will have 6 months for these stem cells to heal the damaged nerves in my  cuff. I will post updates of my progress over the next months. Dr. Malan also told me that the FDA has approved the clinic for a phase 2 study for joint injections for adipose stem cells. Dr. Malan & I are remaining positive that this will be my last stem cell treatment ! Take care.....Peg
kaseykat

Topic starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 02:12:00 AM »

Everyone,
I need to make a correction on my post. Dr.Malan's new partner name is Dr. Jeffrey Lee. As of today, my pelvic pain scores continue to be low between a score of 1-3 depending upon activity level. I am planning on returning to the gym next week! I've recently read an article that researchers at Pittsburg University have discovered that muscle stem cells repair damaged nerves . However these are modified stem cells. But it is exciting to know how close they are to ending chronic nerve pain!
pooja19

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »

Adipose stem cells are collected, processed, purified and stored under appropriate GMP and GLP conditions. Bank adipose tissue stem cells here - http://www.reelabs.com/stem-cell-banking/enroll-now.html

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: